Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Little Owls!

Hello! How are you all? :) Wonderful I hope! 

So I ordered from the Cult Nails sale a while ago. I got Feel Me Up  and Hypnotize Me. I'm such a sucker for yellow that I had to try it out IMMEDIATELY! It's SUCH a pretty yellow. I love the way yellow looks on me and the formula is just great. This is three coats I think.

I also got some of the colours from the China Glaze Safari collection, one of which was I'm Not Lion (fun name) which is a beautiful, quite fine glitter with gold, red and I think some very sparse holo glitter particles. I am ALWAYS impressed by China Glaze glitters. Their formula is always amazing and they're pretty much always opaque in two-three coats with amazing formulas. I've never had a dud glitter from China Glaze. I wish other companies (I'm looking at YOU Butter London) would take note!

So I stamped the little Owl from my DRK B plate using China Glaze - Exotic Encounter and then coloured him in using Chick Nails - Gavie Green, China Glaze - White on White, A-england - Bridal Veil and Cult Nails - Feel Me Up. I also stamped on the yellow with an image from my Dashica SDP B plate using Barry M - Gold Foil. I loveeee the way the little owls turned out. Because the brown is translucent the glitter kind of comes through in the background so he ends up looking like a little mosaic or something. I just put random splashes of the green for the leaves because I wanted it to be a little bit impressionist looking. I also defined his ears with Bridal veil which is holo so it adds to that mosaic look. 







I have loads of other manis to post but I was so excited by this one that I just had to show you right away. I don't want to take it off... hence the little bit of tipwear. Also - sorry about my cuticles. I've been a little under the weather lately and it's really taken it's toll on my skin. Plus I've had a load of gigs recently so I've been playing a lot which leads to thicker callouses and chipping. Ah the things we do for art! Anyone know any good emergency treatment other than Lemony Flutter Cuticle butter that could help me out?

What do you think? I loveeeeee them. Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway! :)

Thanks for looking.

Aimee x

12 comments:

  1. This is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen!
    katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! The yellow looks amazing on you and that owl...wow!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that owl stamp is the best ever! owls generally creep me out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah! Too cute! Of course I would love him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how cute is that! I also love that it's so glittery:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. satta kingOne of the biggest issues facing children today is a lack of vitamins and minerals in their diets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Satta King
    Play Bazaar uhi aankhon se ansu bahte nahi,
    Kisi aur ko hum apna kahte nahi,
    Ek tum hi ho jo ruk se gaye ho zindagi mein,
    Varna rukne ke liye hum kisi ko kahte nahi…

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to contact me you can email me at aimeeus_prime@hotmail.co.uk